Back to All Job Opportunities
Job posted on : 11-17-2016
Position: Aviation Meteorologist
Employment Type: Full Time in Saudi Arabia, Houston Texas U.S.A & Manila Philippines.
- Producing and disseminating Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAFs) and worldwide aviation weather briefings to NEXUS customers and designated NEXUS operational staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Aviation Meteorologists are to prepare and deliver meteorological briefings and forecasts to NEXUS customers and designated NEXUS operational staff.
This includes, but is not restricted to:
- Analyze weather products / data, such as; Computer Model Data, Textual Weather Data, SIGMETs, AIRMETs, Satellite Images, Radar Imagery, etc., in order to produce operational weather briefings and forecasts..
- Effectively communicate technical weather information via written or verbal format.
- Prepare and deliver daily TAFs for designated airfields.
- Prepare and deliver written weather synopses for Dispatch and Crew use.
- Produce and deliver destination, alternate, and enroute airport TAFs, when no official TAF is produced or available.
Position Requirements & Attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in Meteorology and/or military weather forecasting veterans with 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in the aviation discipline.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail orientated, good decision making skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle and resolve problems.
- Ability to establish priorities, work and proceed with objectives independently and in a team environment.
- Geo-Political awareness.
- Familiarization with FAA operational weather requirements for FAR part 91 and FAR part 125 flights.
- Skills to use a computer and associated software packages.
- Flexibility to handle shift work and / or on call assignments.